Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blogging for Dummies

“The unexamined life is not worth living.” -Socrates

My first run-in with blogging happened in high school when a rumor was spreading about two of my friends. The whole school was buzzing about how they secretly let their secret out to the whole wide world via the internet.
Since then I have wondered if I should start a blog or not. I want to let my thoughts be seen, and maybe affect other people, but I don’t want to let any of my secrets out. I still like my privacy.
After listening to a running podcast (Phedippidations, Episode 104) titled “Run, Blog, and Share,” I decided I don’t want my life to go unexamined. I do, however, want to stay as anonymous as possible. I will give you my thoughts and opinions that are contrived during my runs. I will try to entertain and inform, but I hope no one will know who I am specifically (except for my close family and friends that read this). Please feel free to comment and leave me your opinions and ideas for future blogs.

Disclaimer: I’m not an expert on running. I’m probably not an expert on anything.

My training:
Right now I'm recovering from the marathon I ran two weeks ago. In late April I'll start more intense training for a local 10K race.
Mon: 2 mi, 17:55
Wed: 4 mi, 32:10
Fri: 2.35 mi, 19:21
Sat: 3 mi, 28:35.62

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool picture

bcIII said...

Speaking of the picture, nice cropping!

I hope you have plenty-o-fun with this. Of course I don't believe that Socrates meant that others should examine your life, hope you didn't either. So let's see what ya' got.

jon "moonpie" ellis

Nicole said...

Cool! I will keep you in my 'favorites' and that way I can keep up with you better!